Easy knotted bread roll recipe
Eggless olive oil bread
Share easy knotted bread roll recipe
What is food without a little bit of twist? Sunday are the most difficult day at our home..courtesy our kids who always want something new on Sunday. Anything will be welcome other than regular Indian meal.
This easy knotted bread roll recipe served with healthy honey and black plum preserve will be an instant hit with kids for sure.
Your kid will gobble down this easy to make knotted bread rolls in minutes, and will ask for more. Fresh baked breads are great way to make kids happy.
Prep Time: 4 hrs 30 min
Baking Time: 30 min
Total Time: 5 hrs
Ingredients for easy knotted bread roll:
All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 250 gm
Dry active yeast – ½ tsp.
Sugar – 1 tsp.
Salt – ½ tsp.
Butter – 2 tsp.
Olive Oil – 2 tsp.
Butter milk –50ml
Preparation of easy knotted bread roll
I simply follow the 7 golden rules to bake bread at home.
- Mixing & Kneading of the dough
- Proper fermentation of the dough
- Punching down the dough
- Rounding of the portions
- Shaping the balls
- Proofing the bread
- Baking at optimum temperature
Mixing & kneading of the dough
- Warm 30 ml water and add 2 teaspoon of sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of dry active yeast and keep it aside for 15 min till you see frothy mixture.
- Note: Do not heat water above 80 degree Celsius as it would kill the yeast and yeast will not get activated.
- Take all-purpose flour, butter, olive oil, sugar & salt in a large bowl and mix it well using hands.
- Now add activated yeast and prepare soft dough using 50ml butter milk and warm water.
Proper fermentation of the dough
- Fermenting is allowing the yeast to develop enough CO2 to give rise to the dough. This is called the First Rise. Fermentation is completed when the dough has doubled in size.
- Keep this dough in covered warm place for 90-120 minutes or till it doubles in size.
Punching down the dough
- Once the dough has doubled in size, you’re going to literally punch out all the excess air that has built up inside the dough. This helps to remove cavernous air pockets that can affect the final baked product. knead again using hands and keep it in warm place again for 60 min
Rounding the Portions
- Divide the portions into 8 equal portions.
- The portions are then rounded into smooth, round balls.
- This helps stretch the gluten to help hold in the gasses and give a smooth surface. Unrounded rolls rise unevenly and will come out lumpy and uneven.
Shaping the balls
- Roll the ball into a 12 inch long strand. Now give it a single knot and keep them on parchment paper.
Proofing the bread
- After the portions have been shaped, they are left to proof covered with moist muslin cloth and placed in a warm spot for about 45 minutes. This is also called the second rise. The bread should double in size like it did in the first rise.
Baking at optimum temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius for 10 min.
- Brush the bread with sugar & milk wash & place the bread in preheated oven for 30-40 min till golden brown in colour.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on the wire rack/ wooden tray.
Serve the knotted bread with honey black plum preserve. The pairing of this little knotted warm sweet bread with honey black plum preserve or any fruit preserve is simply heavenly!
Share this grilled veggie wrap recipe