Zucchini corn dalia recipe
Healthy salted porridge recipe
Share this dalia recipe
Last Sunday we were discussing breakfast options over a cup of tea and my wife mentioned that why don’t I I make staple food like dalia or porridge interesting and thought of making humble dalia glamorous i.e. zucchini corn dalia recipe triggered in my mind.
A typical porridge recipe for diabetic patients becomes very sad affair due to sugar restriction and doctor suggesting not to even go for sugar substitutes. A salted version which is more aligned to poha was visualized.
Corn and yellow zucchini adds glamour quotient to otherwise sad porridge recipe. Trust me you won’t regret the veggies you tossed into this zucchini corn dalia recipe.
One stark difference to regular porridge recipe will be that it will be very dry in texture but will come out mild spicy with distinct flavours of corn garlic and onions in this recipe.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Spice Meter: Medium
Serves: 1 person
Ingredients for zucchini corn dalia:
Broken whole wheat (Dalia) – ½ cup
Sweet Corn – 1/4th cup
Yellow zucchini cut into small cubes – 1/4th cup
Green capsicum cut into small pieces – 1/4th cup
Onion finely chopped – 1/4th cup
Garlic cloves chopped – 2 no’s
Green chili chopped – 1 no
Cumin seeds (zeera) – ½ tsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Olive Oil – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Preparation of zucchini corn dalia:
- Soak broken wheat/dalia in warm water for 15 min.
- Meanwhile wash and cut all vegetables and keep them aside.
- Drain excess water from dalia using strainer after 10 min.
- Place deep cooking pot on hot plate and add 1 tsp olive oil.
- Now add soaked dalia into pan and roast dalia in medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Take out the dalia from pan and keep it aside.
- Now add 1 tsp of olive oil, add zeera to crackle and finally add garlic chili onions and sauté it for 1 min.
- Now add yellow zucchini, corn and capsicum and cook for another 1 min on high flame.
- Add roasted dalia, salt and 1 ½ cup water and salt to taste. Let it come to boil.
- Now simmer and add 1 tsp lime juice to boost the flavours.
- Cook for another 7-8 min till dalia is dry.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with sliced yellow zucchini.
- Healthy zucchini corn dalia is ready to be served!
- You can replace zucchini with any other veggie of your choice.
- Add ½ cup more water in case you want porridge like texture in the recipe
Share this dalia recipe