Choco Vanilla Marble Cake
Share this Recipe
What to do when both your kids want different cakes?
Well I was put in this tricky situation – my daughter wanted me to bake sponge cake and my son wanted chocolate one. I said kid’s let me bake just one cake and both of you can have your flavor! I smiled and said thanks to the originator of marble cake.
Origin of Marble Cake
As per the articles found on Internet, the idea of marbling two different colored batters into a cake originated in 19th century in Germany. Typically, a mix of darker colour ingredients were swirled into a yellow cake batter to create a marbling effect.
Choco Vanilla Marble Cake is very popular and a perfect accompaniment for evening tea too.
Prep Time: 45 min
Baking Time: 25 min
Total Time: 70 min
Ingredients choco vanilla marble cake:
All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 2 cups
Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
Dark Chocolate – 80 gm
Sugar – 1 ½ cup
Eggs – 3 no.
Salted Butter – 50 gm
Olive Oil – 50 ml
Full cream milk – 2 tbsp
Natural vanilla essence – ½ teaspoon
Tutty Fruity – 2 tsp
Preparation of Choco Vanilla Marble Cake
- Sieve together flour &baking powder in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Now soften butter and chocolate separately in microwave.
Note: Ensure that the butter does not melt but just gets soft. This is very important to have soft and spongy cake.
- Take 3 eggs which are at room temperature and add 2 spoon of sugar powder and start beating the egg whites using egg beater. Keep on adding sugar every 5 min and continue beating. Once the mixture has gained volume add olive oil and butter and continue beating till you have double the volume and thick yet light and airy mixture is ready.
- Add few drops of natural vanilla essence and beat again for 2 min.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 min. Place butter paper on bottom and side walls to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Now add flour in small portions and use flat spatula using cut and circle method to mix the cake batter evenly without compromising on the air and light batter prepared earlier meticulously.
Note: add 1 -2 tbsp. full cream milk in between to keep the batter moist and smooth.
- Divide batter into 2 and add melted chocolate in one and add tutty fruity in other.
- Divide the cake mold into 2 vertically and fill sponge cake mix on 1 side and chocolate cake batter on other side. Gently pull out the greased separator and place the cake tin in preheated oven.
- Take out the cake from oven and allow it to rest on wire rack for 1 hour till it cools down.
- Cut in slices and serve Choco vanilla marble cake with tea
Share this Post