Oats and honey bread french toast
Share this Post
I have very special memories associated with French toast recipe. My dad who is now 70 years old and is suffering from Parkinson’s disease is the person who taught my mother this amazing egg recipe.
I don’t exactly remember as to how and when French toast was introduced in our family, but it became an integral part of our breakfast, tiffin and whenever we had to prepare quick meal, French toast was a favourite recipe for me and my brother.
I have slightly tweaked my father’s recipe, by using oats and honey bread instead of white bread and used honey on top to create my version i.e. oats and honey bread French toast recipe.
And yes, i have used extra virgin olive oil instead of butter to prepare this French toast recipe.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Spice Meter: medium
Serves: 2 people
Ingredients Oats and honey bread french toast:
Eggs – 2 nos.
Oats and honey bread – 3 slices
Cinnamon (freshly grounded) – 1/4th teaspoon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 tsp for toast
Black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
Corn flour – 1 teaspoon
Vanilla essence – 4-5 drops
Salt – to taste
Honey – 2 -3 teaspoon
Preparation of Oats and honey bread french toast:
- Cut bread into halves.
- Break eggs in a bowl. Add cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, black pepper powder, corn flour and salt to taste.
Beat the egg mixture well.
- Spread the bread slices on flat plate and evenly pour the egg mixture, so that it evenly soaks into bread from all sides.
- Allow it to soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place a non stick pan on high flame, add 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and slowly place the bread slices soaked in egg gently.
- Flip the side after 2 minutes and let it toast to golden brown colour.
- Place the ready oats and honey bread French toast on the plate and pour honey on top.
Your scrumptious oats and honey bread French toast is ready to be served. Simply divine!
Share this Post