Egg plant baby corn and olives stir fry veggies
Share this Post
Preparing an exotic recipe from humble egg plant has always been a nightmare for chef or foodie. One fine day, my wife played “Devil’s Advocate” and challenged no matter what, it will be difficult to create exotic egg plant recipe. Actually she was very confident about the egg plant challenge and i too was thinking “WHY THE HELL DID I ACCEPT THE CHALLANGE”. Many months passed and my wife reminded me of the discussion we had months back about the egg plant recipe. I was in no mood to give up and started googling about exotic egg plant recipes.
Mostly the egg plant recipe were mashed ones, grilled ones, brinjal bhaaja, stuffed egg plants or some interesting ones like egg plant wrap.
As a hobbyist chef, i always prefer fusion recipe over regular ones and finally I was able to create a new recipe which i named as egg plant baby corn and olives stir fry veggies.
The ingredients i.e. baby corn, carrots, onions and olives were selected to add crunchy and colourful texture to this egg plant baby corn and olives stir fry veggies.
Also one very important ingredient is the use of red wine to finish the recipe, which adds moisture and a mysterious flavour to this exotic egg plant recipe.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 7-8 min
Spice Meter: Hot
Serves: 2-3 person
Ingredients exotic egg plant recipe:
Egg Plant – 100 gm
Carrot – 50 gm
Baby Corn – 50 gm
Green pimiento stuffed Olives – 6-7 no’s
Black pitted Olives – 6-7 no’s
Onion – 1, medium big cubes
Olive Oil – 2 tsp for stir fry
Mixed Italian Herbs – 1 teaspoon
Red chilli flakes – ½ teaspoon
Red Wine – 2 tablespoons
Salt – to taste
Preparation of egg plant baby corn and olives stir fry veggies
1. Wash all veggies and cut them diagonally to give them interesting shape and to ensure wider surface area for spice coating.
2. Now put a pan on high flame, add 2 tsp of olive oil and place all the veggies in pan. Stir fry on high flame for 2-3 min
3. Now reduce the flame to medium and cook for another 5 mins.
4. Add salt, Italian seasoning and red chili flakes.
5. Toss them and mix all ingredients well.
6. Now add 2 tablespoons of red wine, mix them well.
7. Serve egg plant baby corn and olives stir fry veggies with bread of your choice.
• Keep the flame on high all time and stir fry in open to ensure all the vegetables remain crunchy and retain its colours
• Since olives are very salty since always preserved in brine(salt water) be careful while putting salt
• You can avoid red wine in case of religious or personal preferences
Share this Post