Crispy potato sticks in balsamic vinaigrette
Share this recipe
If you happen to visit a party in India, be prepared to eat a lot of deep fried snacks full of oil. A typical function or party in India will have oily spring rolls, deep fried kebabs, and fatty tickkas for sure. So I thought of a recipe which is full of taste but less oily and guilt free i.e. Crispy potato sticks in balsamic vinaigrette.
Did you ever thought why are starters served in any function or social gathering is very rich, deep fried and dripping with oil? The answer lies in the fact that eating more oily (fatty food) makes you feel full and you tend to eat less of main course and desserts in the end. It’s more profitable for caterers/hotels to serve very oily starters.
Taste is very important in any party snack and should make you droll! My Crispy potato sticks in balsamic vinaigrette passes all the parameters to be confidently added to your party menu from now!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Total Time: 60 min
Spice Meter: Medium
Ingredients for crispy potato sticks in balsamic vinaigrette :
200 g potato sticks
25 g green pimiento stuffed olives
25 g black pitted olives
50 g carrots
50 g onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
½ tsp red chili flakes
4 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of crispy potato sticks in balsamic vinaigrette:
- Peel all veggies i.e. potatoes, carrots and onions. Now cut potatoes and carrots in sticks shape.
- Cut onions into cubes. Wash the olives with water to remove excess salt present in brine for preservation.
- Heat the olive oil in deep pan and deep fry potato sticks till golden brown. Remove excess oil from the French fries.
- Now add 2 teaspoon of olive oil in a pan and toss carrots, onion cubes and olives and toss them well on high flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the veggies into potato sticks add Italian seasoning, red chili flakes and balsamic vinaigrette and mix them well.
- Your Crispy potato sticks in balsamic vinaigrette party recipe is ready to be shared!
Share this recipe