Share this Post
Frozen Watermelon juice with crushed mint, lemon and rock salt
My Frozen Watermelon Juice recipe is a special one which uses frozen watermelon, lemon juice, & crushed mint leaves. Crushed mint adds a signature taste to the most refreshing summer drink!
Because of the high water content of watermelons, you do not need to add any water and loads of ice to this frozen watermelon is just perfect.
Watermelon is a good source of vitamin C and beta-carotene. Watermelons with red flesh have more lycopene than tomatoes which are a nutrient believed to preventing heart disease, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis); and cancer of the prostate, breast, lung, bladder, ovaries, colon, and pancreas. Lycopene is also used for treating human papilloma virus (HPV) infection, which is a major cause of uterine cancer.
Watermelon contains two interesting nutrients which are found especially abundantly in the edible rind, citrulline and arginine. Citrulline has been shown to boost heart health, the immune system and help with weight loss and type II diabetes. Arginine boosts nitric oxide in the body which helps relax blood vessels and can treat and prevents erectile dysfunction.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: NA
Spice Meter: NA
Ingredients for Frozen Watermelon Juice:
Frozen Watermelon Pulp: 500 gm
Sugar: 4 teaspoon
Crushed Mint leaves – 2 teaspoon
Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
Rock Salt – ½ teaspoon
Loads of crushed ice
Preparation of Frozen Watermelon Juice:
- Cut Watermelon and deseed them. Put them in airtight container and deep freeze them overnight.
- Take out the frozen watermelon from deep freezer.
- Crush fresh mint leaves using mortar and pestle
- Add all ingredients i.e. frozen watermelon, crushed mint leaves, lemon juice, salt & sugar into blender.
- Add crushed ice..lots of them and blend it for 2 minutes.
- Decorate with mint leaves and lemon wedge and serve Frozen Watermelon Juice chilled!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Share this Post