Blackberry Yogurt Smoothie
Share this Post
Yogurt (curd) smoothie is always a healthier option than carbonated drinks in summer time. Smoothie recipe are very simple, quick yet you can prepare smoothies from many fruits available in your city. You can either use fresh fruits like mangoes or exotic fruits like strawberries or any berry of your choice. Blackberry Yogurt Smoothie recipe with honey is one of the favourite smoothie version at our home.
Health benefits of blackberries
- Blackberries are packed with numerous plant nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and dietary fibres that are essential for optimum health.
- The berries are very low in calories. 100 g provide just 43 calories. They are rich in soluble and insoluble. Xylitol, a low-calorie sugar substitute in the fruit fiber which absorbs slower than glucose inside the gut. It, thus, help in steadying blood sugar levels.
- Blackberries compose significantly high amounts of phenolic flavonoid phytochemicals such asanthocyanins, ellagic acid, tannin), quercetin, gallic acid, cyanidins, pelargonidins, catechins, kaempferol, and salicylic acid. Scientific studies show that these antioxidant compounds may have potential health benefits against cancer, aging, inflammation, and neurological diseases.
- Fresh berries are an excellent source of vitamin-C which is a powerful natural antioxidant.
- They have adequate levels of vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin K Further, blackberries contain a good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
- They contain moderate levels of B-complex group of vitamins. It contains very good amounts of pyridoxine, niacin, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, and folic acid.
Blackberries health benefits Source: http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/
Blackberry Yogurt Smoothie recipe is quick one with just 3 ingredients, i.e. blackberries, yogurt and honey.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: NA
Spice Meter: NA
Ingredients for Blackberry Yogurt Smoothie:
Blackberries: 200 gm
Yogurt: 500 gm
Honey: 50 ml
Preparation of Blackberry Yogurt Smoothie:
1. Add all ingredients i.e. blackberries, yogurt & honey into blender.
2. Add ice cubes and blend them for 2 minutes.
3. Decorate with blackberry and serve healthy Blackberry Yogurt Smoothie chilled!
You might also like my Strawberry Yoghurt Smoothie recipe
Share this Post