Share this Post
Wood Apple Juice – Bel ka Sharbat
Last week I was thinking about healthy summer drinks, and was jotting down ancient and natural ways of keeping yourself and body cool.
During the brainstorming session, i recalled how fond my grandfather was for bel ka sharbat during summers. He used to ask my grandmother or my mother to serve Wood Apple Juice-Bel ka Sharbat to all guests who visited our home during day time.
The bel fruit has a smooth, woody shell with a green, gray, or yellow peel. The fibrous yellow pulp is very aromatic. It has been described as tasting of marmalade and smelling of roses. It resembles a marmalade made, in part, with citrus and, in part, with tamarind.
Bel ka sharbat is very simple to make, yet it is very healthy summer drink option.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: NA
Spice Meter: NA
Ingredients for Bel ka sharbat:
Ripe Bel (Wood Apple): 1 no.
Sugar: 50 gms
Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
Preparation of Wood Apple Juice – Bel ka Sharbat:
1. Break the hard shell of bel with hammer and scoop the pulp into a bowl contacting 1 lt of water.
2. Use your hands to break it into small lumps, add sugar and leave it aside for 15 min.
3. Now press the soft pulp using hands and then strain the juice using strainer.
4. Add lemon juice and ice cubes to it. Mix well
5. Serve Wood Apple Juice – Bel ka Sharbat!
Share this Post
Green chili, turmeric and lime pickleDecember 7, 2016
Amritsari KulchaNovember 1, 2016
No onion no garlic Amritsari chanaOctober 8, 2016
Avocado fruits & pistachio saladOctober 2, 2016
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]