Share this Post
Cauliflower & Potato Veggie
Indian Recipe – Aloo Gobhi ki Sabji
Aloo Gobhi ki sabji is very common in our country-India. It is preferred vegetable in all parts of India.
The difference in this Cauliflower & Potato Veggie is that its prepared in Olive Oil and is no onion and no garlic recipe.
Tomatoes used in this Cauliflower & Potato veggie adds colour and enhances the flavour of this simple yet preferred dry vegetable.
I also like to use finely chopped ginger pieces and these finely chopped ginger bits add a nice flavour to this Indian vegetable.
I found a very interesting page on health benefits of cauliflower. Please do check out on http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8-10 min
Spice Meter: Medium
Cauliflower – 500 gm
Potato – 200 gm
Ginger – 1 teaspoon
Green chili – 2 no
Tomato – 50 gm
Olive Oil – 2 tablespoon
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Preparation of Cauliflower & Potato Veggie:
1. Cut Cauliflower and potato into small cubes and wash them thoroughly under running water
2. Finely chop tomatoes, chilies and ginger piece and keep them aside.
3. Now put a pan on high flame, add 2 tsp of olive oil and put green chilies, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and ginger pieces in pan. Stir fry on high flame for 1 min
4. Now add cauliflower and potatoes and add salt. Fry them for another 5 min on high flame.
5. Now simmer the flame and cover the pan with lid for 2-3 min. Open the lid mix and cover the lid again for 2 min.
6. Remove the lid and add finely chopped tomatoes and bring the flame to medium and let it cook in open for 2-3 min.
7. Garnish Cauliflower & Potato Veggie with fresh coriander leaves.
8. Serve it with chapati or paranthas.
· Add tomatoes in the last and do not cover the lid after adding tomatoes to retain its colour
· Olive Oil has smoke point of about 210 degree Celsius, so it’s safe for Indian style cooking.
Share this Post
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]