Broccoli Pakoda – Indian style fritters
Pakoda/fritter is one of the most popular snack in India and South East Asia. Broccoli pakoda is an addition to the Onion pakoda, Aloo pakoda, bread pakoda, mix pakoda, palak pakoda, paneer pakodas.
Broccoli pakoda has one major variation that it has been generously coated with garam masala powder and kept aside for 15 min.
The Gram flour batter has to be thick and after putting pakodas in hot olive oil we need to simmer them for proper and even cooking.
Let’s check out ingredients and process for this simple yet interesting recipe.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Serves: 4 -5 People
Ingredients for Broccoli Pakoda:
Broccoli – 250 gm
Gram Flour (Besan) – 100 gm
Carom seeds (Ajwain) – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tablespoon
Lime Juice – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Olive Oil – for frying
1. Wash Brocolli and cut them into small pieces.
2. Sprinkle, garam masala powder, lime juice and salt to broccoli and keep it aside for 15 min.
3. Take Besan in a bowl, add ajwain and prepare a thick bater till its light.
4. Add salt in the batter after its light.
5. Place Kadhai on Gas stove and add 250 ml of Olive Oil.
6. Heat the Oil to about 180 degree Cel.
7. Dip Broccoli pieces in besan bater and put them in hot oil.
8. Deep fry them in medium flame for 10-12 min till crispy golden in colour
9. Serve it with Tamarind sauce
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]