Cheese, Olive, bell pepper and cucumber Sandwich
Sandwiches are nowadays a quick snack idea, because it’s fast and it can be created with different flavours, healthy, grilled, white, brown or multigrain bread. Cheese, Olive, capsicum (bell pepper) and cucumber sandwich is wholesome meal which is also a great Tiffin recipe idea for kids.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Spice Meter: Mild
Serves: 2 Kids
Ingredients Cheese, Olive, bell pepper and cucumber Sandwich:
Hojiblanca green pitted Olives – 2-3 nos.
Black pitted Olives – 2-3 nos.
Red bell pepper (capsicum) – 1/4th
Green bell pepper (capsicum) – 1/4th
Cucumber – ½
Jumbo White Bread or (brown/whole wheat/multigrain) – 2 slices
Cheese slice – 2 nos.
Olive Oil Mayonnaise – 2 teaspoon
Olive Oil – for greasing bread
Preparation of Cheese, Olive, bell pepper and cucumber Sandwich:
1. Take out Olives from bottle and drain the brine (salt water)
2. Cut the veggies into long thin slices
3. Grease the 1 sides of bread with olive oil.
4. Spread sliced cheese on 1 bread slice.
5. Add veggies and olives
6. Sprinkle grounded black pepper and salt
7. Heat the oven/griller to about 180 degree Cel.
8. Put the sandwich on sandwich maker or grill toaster
9. Leave it for 10-12 min till crispy golden in colour
10. Serve it with tomato sauce and coffee.
· Since olives are very salty since always preserved in brine(salt water) be careful while putting salt
· Use a mix of black and green olives to make more colourful sandwiches.
· Other version can be created by adding Jalapenos to make them hotter……