Tofu recipe – with olives and veggies in rum sauce
Tofu recipe is less preferred than cottage cheese (paneer) vegetarian recipe. The reason being that tofu is a soybean product hence it is more flat in taste than paneer (cottage cheese).
Keeping these thoughts aside, tofu is definitely much healthier option than cottage cheese recipe. One very important misconception that everything that is fatty contains cholesterol!!! Please please understand that cholesterol is found only in food products which have animal source like meats, milk, cheese, clarified butter, cottage cheese etc.
All vegetable oils and products like tofu (soybean origin) do not contain cholesterol but contain phytosterols. The richest naturally occurring sources of phytosterols are vegetable oils and products made from them.So remember, any ingredient which is from plant origin does not contain cholesterol and tofu is 1 such product.
Stir fried tofu veggie in rum sauce recipe are very crunchy, colorful and has a very different flavor because of critical ingredients Cloves and Rum.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5-6 min
Spice Meter: Medium
Serves: 2-3 person
Ingredients tofu recipe:
Tofu – 200 gm
Green pitted olives – 50 gm
Onion – 2, medium
Fat green chili – 1
Tomato Puree – 1 tablespoon
Olive Oil – 2 tsp for stir fry
Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Rum – 60 ml
Salt – to taste
Preparation for tofu recipe – with olives and veggies in rum sauce:
1. Wash all veggies i.e. chilies, carrot and onions and cut them into rings.
2. Coarsely ground black pepper and cloves using mortar and pestle.
3. Now put a pan on high flame, add 2 tsp of olive oil and put onion and veggies in pan. Stir fry on high flame for 2-3 min
4. Now add tofu and olives and fry them for another 2 min on high flame.
5. Add salt, 1 tablespoon of tomato puree and freshly ground black pepper and cloves.
6. Toss them and mix all ingredients well
7. Now add 60 ml rum and mix it well
8. Transfer the tofu veggie on serving bowl and garnish it with green onion leaves
9. Serve it with bread or rice.
Tips: • Keep the flame on high all time and stir fry in open to ensure all the vegetables remain crunchy and retain its colours • Since olives are very salty since always preserved in brine(salt water) be careful while putting salt • Never over fry the olives as they are tender as they are aged for 6 to 12 months
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]