Pindi Chana Masala Recipe – Spicy Indian Cuisine
Amritsari style Pindi Chana masala recipe is just awesome with amritsari kulcha or bhatura. Normally Kabuli chana (white chick pea) is used in this recipe however I have used kala chana(black chick pea) in this Pindi Chana masala recipe. The amazing mouth watering aroma is because of generous use of powered Indian spices, anardana (dried Pomegranate seeds) and desi ghee (clarified butter).
The result will be colourful, hot Pindi Chana Masala served with hot crispy amritsari kulcha or bhatura and onion slices and green & red chilli pickle.
And…Don’t forget to cool down your gut with a glass of chilled lassi (sweet yoghurt shake) after this fiery heavy North Indian meal.
Prep Time: 90 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Spice Meter: Hot
Serves: 3-4 people
Ingredients for Pindi Chana Masala Recipe :
Kala Chana (Black Chick pea) – 250 gm
Tomato (chopped) – 1 medium
Ginger( fine flakes) – 3 teaspoon
Anardana ( dry pomegranate seeds) – 2 tablespoon
Chana Masala Powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
Dhania (Corainder seed Powder) – 1 ½ teaspoon
Amchoor (dry mango powder) – 1 teaspoon
Green Chilly – 2 sliced
Lemon – ½
Coriander leaves (fine chopped) – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Clarified Butter – 100 gm
Preparation of Pindi Chana Masala:
1. Soak the chana ( black chick pea) in water for 8-10 hours.
2. Put soaked chana in pressure cooker, add salt, 2 teabags and put it on low flame for about 30 minutes
3. Once cold, drain the water and throw the tea bags. Voila…you have just perfect soft black chick pea ready for pindi chana masala recipe.
4. Soak anardana ( dry pomegranate seeds) in water for about 30 minutes.
8. Add 1 teaspoon ginger flakes and tomato and fry on high flame for 5-7 min.
9. The trick to enhance flavor of pindi chana masala recipe is to cook on very high flame.
10. Now add 100 ml of water, mix and after 2-3 min your pindi chana masala is ready to be served.
11. Pour the pindi chana masala in serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves, ginger flakes green sliced chilies and lemon wedge.
12. Serve it with hot bhatura or amritsari kulcha.
• Pindi Chana masala tastes best in desi ghee or clarified butter
• Trick to get authentic flavor of pindi chana masala is to cook on very high flame without burning the recipe.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]