Fruit Salad – Olive and Zucchini
Fruit Salad – Kid’s favourite
Fruit salad with Olive and Zucchini is specially created for kids who are very choosy. They like some and they hate some food items. It’s same in case of fruit salad too. The best way to ensure kids consume balanced diet, the best way is to camouflage these naaaaa… food items/fruits in form of combo.
Zucchini has never been most preferred. So I tried to create tangy yet wholesome and healthy evening snack after the playtime.
All children love colourful recipes so have chosen the fruits keeping this in mind. This fruit salad recipe ensures generous amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil too. Serve this healthy salad to your kids and their friends too.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: NA
Spice Meter: NA
Serves: 2-3 Kids
Hojiblanca green pimiento stuffed Olives – 10 to 12 pieces
Apple: 1 no.
Orange: 2 no.
Grapes: 150 gms
Zucchini: 1 no.
Lemon Juice: ½ teaspoon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 1 tablespoon
Black Pepper (fresh ground): ½ teaspoon
Black rock salt: ½ teaspoon
Roasted Cumin powder: ½ teaspoon
1. Take out Olives from bottle and drain the brine (salt water)
2. Wash apple, zucchini and grapes under running water.
3. Peel and de seed orange peels.
4. Cut all fruits and refrigerate them
5. Mix all fruits, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, black rock salt and cumin seed powder.
6. Serve fruit salad to kids immediately. It is very important to ensure the taste and avoid contamination of fruits.
• You can replace zucchini with cucumber, if it is difficult to find zucchini in this fruit salad recipe
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil should preferably used in cold recipes like fruit salad.
• You can add pineapple slices and banana also in this fruit salad. Since I wanted to prepare crunchy and juicy fruit salad, I have avoided using them.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]