Sandwich – Cheese, Egg and Olive
– Kids Special Recipe
Sandwich is one of the kid’s favourite recipe. It’s very quick and does not require a lot of grocery shopping. I have used white bread as kids like white ones versus brown, whole wheat or multi grain variety.
I have changed traditional egg sandwich recipe little bit and added green olives and cheddar cheese along with hard boiled eggs.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Spice Meter: Mild
Serves: 2 Kids
Hojiblanca green pitted Olives – 8 to 10 pieces
White Bread or (brown/whole wheat/Multigrain) – 8 slices
Eggs (Hard Boiled) – 4 nos.
Processed cheddar cheese – 4 cubes
Olive Oil – for greasing bread
Black Pepper (fresh ground) – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
- Take out Olives from bottle and drain the brine (salt water)
- Cut hard boiled eggs into slices or mash them.
- Grease the 1 sides of bread with olive oil.
- Spread sliced/mashed boiled eggs on 1 bread slice.
- Add grated cheese and green olives
- Sprinkle grounded black pepper and salt
- Heat the Oil to about 180 degree Cel.
- Put the sandwich on sandwich maker or grill toaster
- Leave it for 10-12 min till crispy golden in colour
- Serve it with tomato sauce and hot chocolate milk.
- Since olives are very salty since always preserved in brine(salt water) be careful while putting salt
- You can use a mix of black and green olives to make more colourful sandwiches.
- Other version can be created by adding Jalapeños to make them hotter……