Olive Pakoda Recipe – Snacks
Pakodas are the most popular snacks across the globe. For ages we have been enjoying Onion pakoda, Aloo pakoda, bread pakoda, mix pakoda, palak pakoda, paneer pakodas…the list is much longer. I have experimented with green olives and came up with a yummy new form of pakoda i.e. olive pakoda. It is a very simple and quick recipe to make. Now when your guests arrive don’t just serve them namkeen, biscuits along with tea but serve hot olive pakodas with tamarind sauce. Sure kids would gulp them…..
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Spice Meter: Hot
Serves: 4 -5 People
Gram Flour (Besan) – 100 gm
Carom seeds (Ajwain) – 1 tsp
Green Chilly – 1 chopped and 1 sliced for ganishing
Olive Pomace Oil – for frying
Method to prepare Olive Pakoda:
- Take out Olives from bottle and drain out the brine (salt water)
- Take Besan in a bowl, add ajwain, water and prepare a thick bater till its light.
- Add chopped green chilies and salt.
- Place Kadhai on Gas stove and add 250 ml of Olive Pomace Oil.
- Heat the Oil to about 180 degree Cel.
- Dip olives in besan bater and put them in hot oil.
- Deep fry them in medium flame for 10-12 min till crispy golden in colour
- Serve it with Tamarind sauce and sliced green chilly to add more fire to this olive pakodas.
Olive and Olive Oil tips: